Sunday, October 21, 2012

Some previously posted material


Posted to Todd's Facebook page; shared on mine, 27 Aug 2012:
 
Please do not comment. I’m not writing this as a plea for sympathy, condolences or support. I know everyone who reads this will want to express those feelings, but right now we have enough. We need time and we don’t want to read those things right now. In a few days, maybe some calls from close friends or thoughtful messages would be welcome, but for now we just want to spend time together and wit
h our families. With that said and with great heaviness in my heart, I need to announce the death of Rhys Prescott around 11pm 9/26/2012 at 5 weeks and 5 days old. He was happy and healthy, so all we’ve been told is this is most likely SIDS but we won’t know more for some time. I know this is not the best way to get this news and I know how much it will pain many of you, but we want to avoid people ignorantly asking how he is doing or talking to us about him right now. We aren’t ready. Again, please try to refrain from comments. Instead, feel free to “Like” to show support, even though it’s not a likeable situation. We will understand.
 
Posted to my Facebook page, 3 Oct 2012:

I would like to say a deep and heartfelt thank you to our friends and family for their thoughts and kind words, and also, thank you to everyone for your respectful distance while we have worked through the hardest situation of our lives. It has been one week since we lost our baby boy, and while the pain is not subsiding, it means a lot to know that there are people out there who love and support us. Not many people even got the chance to know and love baby Rhys like we did, but knowing that you love us has been helpful in ways you cannot even imagine.

"If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too"
~Alison Krauss

Posted to Glow in the Woods, 19 Oct 2012

Three weeks ago today I held my beautiful baby boy in my arms. I tickled his cheeks and he gave me the sweetest smile in the whole wide world. Happiness and pride surged in my heart as my husband and I cooed over his chubby little body, and that joy knew no bounds when his big brother and sister joined in. Our family was five, and it was perfect.

Three weeks ago tonight my family became four again. For five weeks and five days, we were five, a perfect and magical five. My joy that knew no bounds is now a pain of the same magnitude.

This site has given me great comfort and great sadness. I find comfort here because I know I am not alone, I am not the freak I feel like I am. There are other mothers, other parents out there that know my pain and loss. This comforts me and breaks my heart all at the same time. Thank you all for sharing your stories with me, even though you don't know me. Thank you for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment