Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Still breaking...

I feel like my heart is in a constant state of breaking. On the 26th of September my heart shattered, and I thought it would just be the most broken it could possibly be forever, but somehow... somehow my heart is still breaking. Those tiny pieces of shattered heart feel like they are continuing to break, until I am sure that all that will be left is a pile of shattered heart dust, bits of broken heart so tiny that a slight breeze will be off with them. 

And then what will I have? 

I will still have my two beautiful children, full of life and joy, new experiences, humor and love. I will still have my husband who is my rock, my light, my voice of reason. I will still have the love of family and friends who have shown that through it all they will still be here. 

I have to keep reminding myself of these things, because its so easy... so easy to just look in at my ever-shattering heart and be swallowed in my grief. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam and Ro started daycare. They are in a home with a nice woman who teaches them things, plays with them all day, and takes them to the gym and the park. I think that is nice. Todd is in school, learning new things and meeting new people. He has so much homework, he keeps so busy. I am wrapped up in my duties at work, trying to eat healthy and get to the gym. Life is so busy. I guess this is "moving on." I still feel stuck in my sadness. Every day I take my 75mg of Zoloft, dedicate myself to what needs to be done in the moment, and live. I breath and I feel and I respond. I try to be thoughtful of my feelings, and especially of those of others. I hurt. God, how I hurt.

I just want my little baby back. I want to hold him in my arms, and nuzzle is fuzzy little head with my nose and mouth. I want to see his big, beautiful eyes looking up at me. 

Sometimes I think I am beyond all the whys, all the hows... but they always pull me back.

Grief is cyclical  they say. It will come in waves. I must be on a high wave. 

I guess I should just wait for it to abate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment